Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Doors From Heaven


In preparation for my upcoming craft boutique, I have been searching for some old doors to use for my display. I have not had much luck finding any and the ones that I have found have been too pricey.

So, last week I was driving down the road and to my amazement I saw a stack of about 20 doors on the side of the road with a sign that read, "FREE." I quickly pulled over and examined the
"free" doors. They were just what I was looking for except for the fact that each door had at least one ding or hole in it. I didn't care about the holes because I was going for the rustic look anyway.

I have to say that these doors were just waiting there for me and I am so thankful that I was there to retrieve them!








Doors after I distressed them

6 comments:

Diana said...

Good work, Amers! I'm glad you never bought any doors before your great find. These doors were meant for you!

Mom said...

Don't ever doubt that someone is watching over you. You are so creative and I want to see how you use them at your craft show. Be sure to take pictures.

Mom said...

Don't ever doubt that someone is watching over you. You are so creative and I want to see how you use them at your craft show. Be sure to take pictures.

Ernest Istook said...

That is great! Now on your next architectural quest, will you go searching for some free gargoyles?

Diana said...

I'd love to see a picture of the crafts that you have made. Maybe you could post a few pics....

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Amy!! Thanks for making it so those who don't "blog" can let you know we love your blog and love keeping in touch with you. What a blessing those doors are. Tiny miracles that sometimes we don't notice but are there constantly for us. Isn't it wonderful when we do recognize them? Love to all your family. They looked so darling in their Halloween things. You really are creative!!