Monday, September 29, 2008

Lost In David's Head

Saturday afternoon we went to the Corn Maze at Thanksgiving Point, and this year the maze was in the shape of David Archuleta. While navigating through the maze, they had his songs playing as well as interviews with him. As much as I like David Archuleta, I was ready to break free from his grip. We were soooo lost and never did find our way out successfully. I think we ended up somewhere by his ear when we decided we were never getting out. We took a few "homemade" shortcuts and eventually made our way back to the entrance. Despite several missed turns and headaches, we had a fun time as a family.

At Thanksgiving Point not only did they have an incredible corn maze, but a pumpkin patch where the kids each picked a pumpkin, a huge in-ground bouncing pillow, pedal karts, a place for the kids to mine for "gold," and Abby's favorite, the Pumpkin Princess!

7 comments:

Ernest Istook said...

What a wonderful collection of pictures. But the one of Amy wearing her Corn Crown is an instant classic. I'd like to see it combined with a picture of Diana in a Cheesehead hat. Then what could we put on Emily's head for a trio photo?

Diana said...

I love the corn hat! Mark and I needed one of those when we were in Iowa. No fair that you get all the fun! Cute pics!

Tam said...

How much fun. We are just getting into the whole harvest thing here. We are in a real rural area so there is tons of places to choose from. But this time of year always makes me miss Utah. I guess just because this was always my favorite time of year there!!!

The princess would have been Kessa's favorite too. Her birthday is coming up and I asked her what kind of party she wanted. Princess party AGAIN. That makes a solid 4 year stretch. I am really running out of ideas

THE UDYS said...

Thanksgiving Point is such a neat place and the activities they have for kids are great. You will have to go to their annual Tulip Festival in the Spring it is amazing. It was great to visit with you guys and visit you cute house and neighborhood! The lemi-shine you told me about is working wonders on my dishes thanks for th tip!

mamagee said...

I had no idea that they had all those things going on at Thanksgiving point. I am constantly amazed at how many fun things you young parents do with your children. What a treat for your family. Love the pictures, they are wonderful!!
Love, Favorite Aunt Linda

Jason and Layna said...

We have never been there for Halloween, I will have to go. I want to go to Gardner Village and see all the witches, have you been? Lets try and plan a day to go.

Beau and Rach said...

wow, you've been having fun!!!