Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Humbling Day

Our ward has become so large it was necessary for us to split into two wards. So this last Sunday, that is exactly what happened. Our one ward became two and Clint was made our new bishop.


When we were both called into the Stake President's office and Clint was asked to be the new bishop, I immediately began crying. I just knew this was going to be an overwhelming call at first, but then I began to think of how wonderful this will be. I couldn't help but think of all the good he can do, and what an example and source of strength he can be for others.

Since he was issued the call there has been an amazing feeling in our home of peace and love, and I know that we will be blessed during this time as Clint serves the ward.

I am so grateful for you Clint and the amazing example you are to me!

11 comments:

Stacee said...

Wow, Amy. This will be an intersting time for you. What an awesome thing, though! It says a LOT about Clint, and you too! Enjoy the journey!

Sarah said...

Amy, I just love your family. You guys set a great example of what a family should be!

THE UDYS said...

Amy,
I was so touched to hear the news about Clint! Tell Clint we are praying for him! what a wonderful responsibility that has been placed on his shoulders, but I always say next to every good man is an even better woman! Clint could not ask for a better wife to stand next to him!! Tell Clint good luck and we are proud of him!! By the way your girls look so cute in their little school uniforms!

marci said...

You guys are an amazing family and we are lucky to be in your ward!

Diana said...

Clint will be great, and so will you, Amers! Love you guys.

Becky Darling said...

Wow you guys!!! This is awesome!!! How many years has it been since this all started???

Lindsey said...

We are so excited to have Clint as our new Bishop! And to have you, Amy, as our Bishop's wife! You two are an amazing couple and I'm so excited for the next few years. I'm sure it is so overwhelming, but we are all praying for you and we are all behind you! :)

Lindsey

mamagee said...

Oh my golly - that is exactly why you were lead to your new home. The Lord has great faith and trust in you guys. Clint will be wonderful. And I totally agree behind every great man is an even greater woman!!
Love, Favorite Aunt Linda

Sarah said...

He will be so great. We are excited that he is our new Bishop. Your family is great.

Phil said...

An amazing family. I have loved serving with Clint and he is going to be the best bishop. Glad he is my bishop now. We sure love you guys and are so excited for you. There couldn't be a better couple to serve.
Phil and Deb

Courtney said...

That is so wonderful, he will be so fantastic as Bishop. I loved it when he was in the Bishopric in the 29th ward! That was my favorite Bishopric EVER! You guys will be so great. Congratulations.