Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's Gone

After being up for over 10 years, our crib is now down and gone. Wow. I didn't think it would be so hard to see it go, but I just had memories flash through my mind of each of the kids sleeping in the crib as babies, countless sheet changes from times when the kids were sick and throwing up, the day Clint and I went crib shopping while I was pregnant with Macy. Just lots of wonderful memories and now it's gone. I shed some tears as it was sold and the new owners loaded it into their van.

Before it left we had to get one last picture of all 4 kids inside. Where has the time gone? My kids are growing up, fast!

9 comments:

Diana said...

Wow--seeing these pictures makes me want to shed a tear too.

Love your kids! And love you!

Ashlee said...

Now THAT is a big moment!

Lindsey said...

I would cry too!!

Stacee said...

We've been going through that transition, too, Amy! It's been hard to accept that I am done with the baby part of my life. I haven't let go of my crib yet, but it makes me teary just thinking about it! It seems like just yesterday I came to see you in Pocatello when it was just you, Clint and Macy! You have such a beautiful family!

Debbie said...

That's funny. I took our crib down years ago, but I won't part with it!!! I think it is the perfect Grandma crib, so I am hanging on to it. How sad is that?

Ernest Istook said...

The kids look like they are making their escape as they climb out! Sadness that an era ends but opportunity for them to grow!

Ernest Istook said...

The kids look like they are making their escape as they climb out! Sadness that an era ends but opportunity for them to grow!

Sarah said...

Such a cute idea and cute pic of all the kids in the crib. Tender!

mamagee said...

It is truly amazing how the time flies and the wonderful memories associated with "things". Thank heavens those memories are ours forever!!
Your children are truly beautiful!
Love, Favorite Aunt Linda