Thursday, January 17, 2008

Baby Shower and Sprinkle


While Diana was in Utah we had a baby shower for her, and being the nice sister that she is, she decided that something should be done for me as well. Apparently when I was expecting my first, my family failed to throw me a baby shower, and I have given them a hard time about that ever since. But there is an unwritten rule that you can only have one baby shower and that is to be with your first baby. Seeing how I am having our fourth, they decided to give me a "sprinkle" instead of a shower. Diana wrote this cute poem to go along with the invites to her shower:

Seven years ago Amy's first was born.
And somehow, neglectful we, failed to adorn
With a shower of bottles and blankies and other baby booty.
Alas, the hour is here to finally fulfill our duty.

The time is gone for a full-blown shower,
But opening the gift-heaven is still within our power.
All she needs is a little sprinkle of joy
To help her raise her new little boy.

Please join us in our celebration
With good food and games and even better conversation.
Amy Udy's Baby Sprinkle will be held at the same place and hour
As Diana Abbott's very own Baby Shower.

We really had a fun afternoon and Diana was very blessed with the gifts that were given to her. I too received some very cute things and am very grateful for everyone's generosity.

3 comments:

Diana said...

It was a great shower and sprinkle! I was overwhelmed by everyone's generosity!

Tam said...

Looks like you had a great time. I have been trying to get my sisters and mother together for a girls weekend for about a year. Still no success.

Anonymous said...

I hope it was great shower.. Tanks for sharing with us...