Thursday, January 17, 2008

Girl Trip!

Every year the girls in my family get together for a fun-filled, girls only, no kids, getaway. This year our destination of choice was Las Vegas. My mom, Diana, and I drove from Salt Lake to Vegas and picked my sister, Emily, up at the airport in Vegas. (My sister-in-law Jo could not come this time because she had a baby just a few months ago and could not leave her for that length of time) We had a wonderful time and met some very interesting individuals while there.


Here are some of the highlights from our trip:

Our first night in Vegas we spent at the Mirage watching the Cirque Du' Soleil performance of "LOVE." It was a very entertaining show and was set to the music of the Beatles. I would highly recommend this show to anyone. The performers were very daring with their stunts, and I was entertained the entire night!


Because of my high blood pressure with this pregnancy, my Dr. has ordered me to stay off of my feet as much as possible. Having been to Vegas before, I knew that a lot of walking would be involved. But my Dr. had told me it's either stay off of my feet or go on bed rest, so the alternative was to find a wheelchair. My mom and sisters definitely had a workout pushing me from place to place, but we did get this cute photo out of the situation!
Our second day in Vegas we went to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum and had so much fun there. Diana and I were able to pose as George Clooney's pregnant brides. Apparently the museum doesn't provide maternity wedding dresses for props so we look quite obese in this photo. But I don't think that Mr. Clooney minded one bit.

Every girl trip includes matching pajama's and a pizza party.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Yeah for our trip!

Jason and Layna said...

I love that I found your blog. It looks like you guys had a great trip. I am jealous. Let me know when you want to get together.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and hearing about your wonderful trip. I know your Mom loved the time with you guys. Memories that will always be treasured! Thanks for sharing with us.

Susan said...

That looks so fun. I want a girls trip in vegas.