Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Macy Turns 8

Yes this is a few weeks late, but we have had quite a busy month. I am glad December is over, but none the less we made many wonderful memories.

Macy turned 8 the middle of December and has been looking forward to this day for about a year now. We tried to make it special for her and to help celebrate she invited a few friends over to spend the afternoon.





Then this last weekend we had her baptism. My parents came from the D.C. area for her special day and the rest of the family traveled from Idaho and St. George. It really was a special day and I am so proud of Macy and the beautiful girl she has become.



For Macy's baptism I wanted so much to make her a special quilt to remind her of the gift of the Holy Ghost. So Friday afternoon my mom and I got the material and started cutting out squares and later that evening Clint's parents came to stay the night. Grandma Udy pinned the whole quilt, while my mom sewed and I ironed and stitched a bottom corner with Macy's name. We all three worked hard on that quilt and had it completed in about 7 hours. It really was a whirlwind but we got it done in time for the baptism. Thank you Grandma Nana and Grandma Udy for your tremendous help. It turned out beautiful!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Macy! I have not seen you forever. Or so it feels like it. I bet it was so nice to have family in town with you. Great quilt. That is so cool. Such a great idea. Also, Happy Anniversary!

Diana said...

Congratulations, Macy! I wish I could have been there for you baptism.

Amers, Macy is looking more and more like you every year. I love the quilt, by the way!

mamagee said...

I love the quilt too. It is beautiful to match a beautiful special girl.