Thursday, May 21, 2009

Star Sighting

My sister, Diana, is in town this week visiting from North Carolina and on Tuesday we went shopping at University Mall. While walking around I recognized this voice from behind me. It was so familiar that I knew who it was immediately. I turned around and instantly recognized Tyson from Survivor. (The final episode just aired on Sunday) If you do not watch the show, Tyson was one of my faves with his witty remarks and hysterical comments.

I talked to him for a minute and he really was a nice guy and as witty as he was on the show. What a surprise to see and meet him.





8 comments:

Diana said...

I can attest to the validity of this post. Too bad I didn't watch Survivor. I was wondering why in the world Amy kept saying, "I love you! I love you! Oh my gosh, I love you!" She was definitely starstruck. Had I not been there, I'm sure she would have pounced on him.

mamagee said...

Wow - what was he doing there? Is he from Utah? Reminds me when we ran into one of the finalist from Celebrity Apprentice the night before she found out if she won. She won!!!! It was way fun.

Sarah said...

So cool! I bet Clint was sad he was not there.

Jo said...

Seriously Amy?? You crack me up! I couldn't stand Tyson and wanted him voted of from day one!

Konomis said...

Hahaha...you either love him or hate him! I was one of those who loved him too...but Mom hated him. I thought he was hilarious! Very cool that you got to meet him!

Butch said...

I must agree that watching him on TV could be a hoot. However, I wouldn't want my kids to see his "naked dancing monkey" moments, or the type of attitude he frequently espoused about others.

An adult guilty pleasure to watch? Maybe.

Good role model? I don't think so.

THE UDYS said...

That is so funny you ran into Tyson! He was pretty funny! He got a little nasty towards Sierra and some people but lack of food and sleep would probably do that to all of us! I was happy the southern country boy won!

Ernest Istook said...

Uh . . . I don't watch "Survivor." But he looks like he came out of a Tarzan movie. Except, according to Butch, Tarzan was a better role model, even if he was the original swinger!