Monday, September 28, 2009

Trip Down Memory Lane

Friday evening we attended a wedding reception of a family from our last ward. Before going to the event, we drove past our old home. Just driving down the street gave me butterflies in my stomach from all the wonderful memories we made in that neighborhood. The kids were excited to see the house, but it just doesn't look the same. The trees have gotten huge, but the yard was not as well taken care of. We parked the car outside the house and reminisced.

It was also nice to see our old friends and catch up on each other's lives.

4 comments:

Tam said...

I know what you mean - I have driven past my old home twice since we moved and each time it just felt strange. I had to find the urge to park in the driveway and walk right in.

Becky Darling said...

Me too!!! It seems so weird that we all don't live there any more!!

Sarah said...

Glad you live here now!

Ernest Istook said...

Re-visiting places you once lived is always a heart-tugging experience. We need to keep the good memories and forget the unpleasant ones. Good memories should last forever.