Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year

I always love it when a new year comes around. It gives me great expectations for the upcoming year and a good feeling of a fresh start. The start of a new year, for me, is a time to set new goals, evaluate, and try to do and be a little better. I just know 2010 is going to be a good one!

Although I feel that way, the year got off to a rocky start. I decided to ring in the new year with the stomach flu that lasted about 3 days. It hit everyone in the family, except for Clint. Lucky him. :) We were celebrating with my sister and her in-laws on New Year's Eve and had to leave the party early. Let me just say I was bowing to the porcelain god all night.

Anywho, I thoroughly enjoyed the healthy times I had with my sweet sister, Diana. She lives in North Carolina, and so our visits are very sparse.


While I was on my deathbed, or so I felt, Clint took the kids sledding. How lucky are we to live by such a fabulous sledding hill. I keep telling Clint we need to set up some sort of pulley system to pull people up the hill quickly. That slope is a pain to climb!


Do you have any New Year's resolutions for 2010?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy New Year to you too. Yes, this year will be fab for you because you will be getting pregnant! Ahhhhh!!! I know, I know, I am kidding. Dont be mad. My New Years Resolution is to not say ... "K,so" ... "Fur" ... Win at Settlers more ... and not be so Monica!!!!!
xoxo

Sarah said...

Oh, and cute new lay out too!

Ernest Istook said...

I resolve to appreciate the wonderful Udy family even more than ever!

Diana said...

Yucky stomach flu--my wonderful consolation prize for watching your kids. Was that your way of getting back at you for not being the cleanest baby-sitter? I had fun with you.

Lots of love!

Hermana Macy Udy said...

LOL! Oh, Sarah, we will see about not saying K so, and fur sure! And as far as the game of Settlers, it's on. I have some major catching up to do. :)

mamagee said...

Not a great way to start the New Year, but I am sure that it will be the last of the problems for this year!!