Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Week of Fun

Growing up my mom always taught us about the importance of making memories. She was always doing fun activities with us and I still remember all of those fun times. So with this last week being the kids Spring Break, I just knew we had to make some memories.
I call last week "The Week of Fun!" The kids all picked out activities they wanted to do during the week and we made a memory everyday.
MONDAY - Bowling with the kids. Tyler made this activity interesting. He did not want to wait his turn and he was running from us all over the place. He even got loose and ran down the entire length of the bowling alley all the way to the pins. Clint had to chase him down. Oh how I wish I had a picture of this!


TUESDAY - Library. To my kids, the library is a hot spot. This pile of books will seriously be read in a week. They love a good book!

WEDNESDAY - Smores. We pulled out the fire pit, lit her up, and made us some ooey, gooey, smores!

THURSDAY - A walk and the park. We went for a bike ride and ended at the park for some running around and fun.

FRIDAY - Chuck-e-Cheese with friends.

Unfortunately, Clint's Spring Break was the week before the kids, so he did not get to experience the entire "week of fun" with us. This is what Clint accomplished during his Spring Break, and I love him for it! Now to get organized and fill those shelves in the basement.

8 comments:

Mom said...

I wish I was there having fun with you!! Oh, how I miss all of you. Memories are indeed forever!

Kudos to Clint for those fine shelves!

Diana said...

Why was I not invited to the Week o' Fun? I'm disappointed! I'm glad you had a great time.

Sarah Hiatt said...

Your such a good, fun Mom. Great Memories made! Sounds like such a fun week and I am jealous of your shelves!

Ernest Istook said...

Amy, I just adored reading your account of the special times. It takes a special mother (You!) to recognize and take advantage of the opportunity to plan and use the Spring Break like this. And Clint must really love you to use his time off to improve things for you.

Katie Gee said...

It looks like you guys had fun! And those shelves in the basement....you're going to love them! They look great Clint!

Dulcie said...

Sounds like a fun week Amy! Russ and I couldn't help but laugh out loud when we read that Tyler ran down the lane at the bowling alley. What a cute kid.

mamagee said...

What a fun time with that beautiful family. thanks for sharing.
Ciao from Italy!
Love, Favorite Aunt Linda

Jason and Layna said...

I love the shelves. Your a great mom!