Monday, April 26, 2010

Change

The expression goes, "Change is good." But change can also be hard. Our world "changed" on Saturday with one little phone call. We have known for awhile that our stake was ready to split and there was going to be a change in the Stake Presidency along with a whole new presidency being created. When this happens a General Authority comes out and interviews all the bishops. Saturday was Clint's interview and we just figured it was formality and that was it. 2:30 rolls around and the phone rings. Clint tells me we have 5 minutes to be up at the church. That was it, we knew "change" was coming.

We met with Elder Sybrowsky and Elder Wheeler. What powerful and spiritual men. I literally felt like Elder Sybrowsky was searching my soul while we spoke. Every question I answered he was peering inside of my heart. Amazing.

Clint was called to be the 2nd counselor in the Stake Presidency and with that call has come a wide range of emotions. He will no longer be our Bishop which I am truly sad about. I loved him as my Bishop, I loved hearing all the amazing miracles happening in the ward, I loved to hear him speak about all the missionary work going on amidst the ward, I loved hearing about the rescue of others, I loved hearing others tell me examples of how Clint has helped them in their trials, I loved to see him on the stand every Sunday and for the kids to wave to him. Clint loved the calling as well. He gave 100% of his all to that calling. He loved serving the members of the ward and helping them with anything he could. He really would do anything for anyone.

Now we have a new chapter in our lives and I will support Clint all the way. I am proud of him and the amazing person he is. I know he will give 100% to this calling as well, and I am excited to witness the good he will do for the Stake.

17 comments:

marci said...

I really don't know what we will do without Bishop Udy. I loved serving with him and he taught me so much. Thank you for sharing your husband with us, Amy! He will be missed!!!

Diana said...

Clint will be good in whatever role he is in. I wonder if the next bishop will have as entertaining of a family as yours has been. Tyler is going to miss being the center of attention in sacrament meeting, isn't he?

Janet said...

I was going to call you yesterday to congratulate you but didn't want to take up any of your time. That's so exciting but I'm bummed we aren't in the same stake anymore. He is going to do a great job and many people will be blessed.

Lindsey said...

My eyes filled up with tears when I heard his name called over the stand. I am so sad that he won't be our bishop anymore, but I know he will do so much good in the stake. He has a heart that is big enough for a stake! We are lucky to have your family in our ward - we love you guys A LOT!
-Lindsey

Sarah said...

Oh Amy, we have just loved having Bishop Udy as our bishop. We are going to miss him so much, but know he will do amazing things for our stake, just as he has done amazing things for our ward. We just love your family!

Dulcie said...

We love your family. We are so happy we met, and don't think it's a coincidence either. You both have been HUGE role models for us! We are excited to witness his hand in our stake, we know he'll do so much good, but we'll certainly miss him.

mamagee said...

Amy, I am so thrilled for this new opportunity for Clint and your family. What a neat thing to read all the comments from fellow ward members and your feelings about him being Bishop. Your family is amazing and we know the Lord has you in His hands.
Love, Favorite Aunt Linda

Mom said...

I'm not surprised at all in his new calling. I've told you before he has the heart and soul of a General Authority. This is just a small step for greater things to come! I am sooo very proud of Clint and you.

Courtney said...

Congratulations to Clint! How wonderful for your family. And then when he goes on to be a General Authority I can say that I knew him when!!! :)

Seriously, your family is the best. I hope everything works out for you guys. I know Clint will do great things.

Ernest Istook said...

Clint is a wonderful man--matched only by his fantastic wife!

Debbie said...

Amy, you know we love your family, and this will be a great opportunity. We were sad we weren't there to witness it! I can't say we were surprised to hear it, but we were sad for you guys that he only got to be bishop for such a short time. I have an inkling of the sadness you feel, but new joys are on their way!

Tony and Whitney said...

We are so excited! Tony knew he would be one of those called. You have a wonderful husband. (I found your blog through the Grimley's.) Cute family.

Hayley said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great! Congratulations on the new calling Clint! I will have to let Bill know. He will be excited for you. We will definitely have to come and see you on our next trip to Utah.

Becky Darling said...

Amy...WOW...you guys are such a great example to my family. I am so sad that we don't live close anymore. Give ourlove and congratulations to Clint and your family!!!

Sarah said...

Clint is so awesome and will be awesome in all he does! We are sad and happy :) Keep your chin up!

Tam said...

Wow Amy - this is an older post so you are probably living this change now but Wow. Although I am not surprised. When I first started reading your post I thought it was Stake President and that didn't surprise me either. This is so great - congratulations. Clint is very lucky/blessed to have a wife like you that not only supports what he does but believes it so much. I really miss seeing you - you are very uplifting.

Tiercy said...

That is quite a change for you guys! He will be great. I am so impressed with your husband and loved that he helped out in a Relief Society Meeting for our ward. It will be fun to go into recommend interviews and actually know someone. =)

I love Elder Sybrowsky. I used to work where he worked a long time ago. His son worked there too. (In fact, I patterned Steve's wedding ring after the son's ring because I loved it so much.) Elder Sybrowsky was also my Stake President down at BYU.