Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Saving For College

As many of you know, Macy has been collecting pop cans from neighbors and saving them to turn in for cash. Her goal is to start saving for college, and this is something she can start doing at a young age to earn money.


Well, yesterday, Clint took Macy to turn in her cans. She had a whopping 56 pounds of pop cans and received $36.90 for her efforts. She was so excited, and immediately came home and put the money in her bank.

As you can see from the picture, the van was filled to the brim with cans. We have a very nice neighbor who has setup a recycle bag at his work. All of the employees there are helping Macy as well and saving the cans they drink while at work for her!

10 comments:

Diana said...

I'm so proud of Macy! I wish we lived closer because Mark drinks a lot of soda and would certainly contribute to Macy's can collection. Good work! I still won't forget that night we went collecting cans together for Macy. What bums we looked like!

Tam said...

Good for Macy... Every penny will help.I wish we were there and could help out. Kessa would have so much fun doing something like that.

Susan said...

What a cutie. Saving for college already? So smart. I wish that I would have started when I was younger.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mom said...

Way to go Macy. Anything you set your mind to do you can do it!! It thrills me to see Macy already thinking of college.

Mom said...

Way to go Macy. Anything you set your mind to do you can do it!! It thrills me to see Macy already thinking of college.

Ernest Istook said...

Macy is developing a great habit. Please tell her that I will donate an extra 10-cents per pound for every pound she collects and turns in this year!

Jason and Layna said...

Amy
She is so cute. I can't believe how much she looks like you. I am thinking maybe I need to start collecting cans!

Anonymous said...

Macy is such a doll and what good habits she is getting into. What a little smarty. I bet she will be able to use the money for other college expenses since she will probably be getting a scholarship!!
"Favorite Aunt Linda"

Anonymous said...

That is so FANTASTIC! You guys must be teaching her something right if she's already thinking about college. Awesome!