Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Close, But Not Quite

What an adventurous week it has been! Last Friday I went to the Labor and Delivery to be examined because I was having some major dizzy spells, which could mean some serious problems especially with my blood pressure issues. They did blood work and some other stuff to make sure that everything was okay. Luckily the baby and I are fine, but while I was at the hospital I started going into labor and my contractions were about 1-2 minutes apart and pretty hard. They weren't willing to let me leave since they were so close together. This went on for about 4 hours and then just my luck, they stopped! I did dilate to about a 3 during this time, but I was let go and went home around 11:00 that night. What a bummer. :(

So now I have my next appointment tomorrow and most likely will be induced on Friday. Yeah! The end is so close I can almost see my toes again!

4 comments:

Tam said...

I can't believe the time has gone by so quickly. Although you probably won't say the same thing!!! Good luck.

We will in Utah at the end of May for my sister's baby and my neice's wedding. I am pretty sure we will be there for 1-2 weeks so we will be able to get together!! I can't wait to see the baby.

Diana said...

I can't wait to have the same increased visibility of my toes! Actually, having the ability to paint them again would be quite nice. I'm so jealous! Don't wear Mom out too much because I'm going to need her very soon!

mamagee said...

Amy our thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm so sorry to hear about the dizzy spells. But, I am sure it will all clear up once you have this beautiful little boy.
Keep us posted.
Love,
Your Favorite Aunt Linda

Trying to be said...

I'm glad that things are going good and that you and the baby are okay! i cant wait to see this new little one!!