Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Fun Halloween



This year's Halloween was filled with lots of fun, activities and too much sugar. Grandma Nana sent the kids each a Halloween shirt which they all loved. Thanks Grandma Nana for thinking of the kids and for the special surprise. Tyler's shirt would light up anytime he moved, and this presented a problem during his nap time. He would wake himself up anytime he moved because the light would set off. We had to have a wardrobe change for those sleeping times!

Our carved pumpkins this year were better than in years past. Our wonderful neighbors let us borrow their pumpkin carving kit which allowed us to create intricately carved pumpkins. I would highly recommend getting a kit. In fact, we later went and bought one to be able to use for next year.

Trick or treating was great despite the rainfall. The kids loved running around the neighborhood with dad while I manned the house. We had so many kids especially during the first hour. I didn't even have time to sit down in between the doorbell being ringed. I just sat on our steps and handed candy out lunchroom style. They lined up and I served them!

Macy and Abby wore their Chinese outfits Pops brought back from China while Blake insisted on wearing my old jailbird costume from when I was a little girl. He refused to wear anything else. And then there was Tyler, our little Spider. He did not like wearing his costume. I think it was on him a total of 15 minutes!

Tyler enjoyed his first Halloween treat, a sucker! He "loved" every minute of that sugar on a stick.


We hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween!

9 comments:

Diana said...

I'm glad you had a good Halloween, but I need to see your pictures!!!

Lots of love,
Diana

Ernest Istook said...

It was a real treat to enjoy the pictures and your comments!

Diana said...

Hooray--there are pictures now. Everyone looks so cute. Tell Tyler not to grow up anymore until we can come and see him. We'll halt Thomas' progress too!

THE UDYS said...

HA HA I love Macy's look in the group Halloween picture! Tyler's costumne is so adorable! You have such a fun family! Holidays are only going to get more fun for you guys!

mamagee said...

Amy, loved being able to share in your Halloween. What fun costumes! I think it was neat that Tyler and Mikayla were the same thing. Hope they are good buddies. You never know they may introduce each other to their Eternal companions!!
Love,
Favorite Aunt Linda

Stacee said...

Amy -- Your family is BEAUTIFUL! You don't look a day older or worse-for-wear than you did 10 years ago, either. I love getting a sneak peak into your family's life!! :)

Konomis said...

Love the pictures Amy! The girls look adorable in their outfits...and I can't believe how big they have all gotten. I have not seen the kids in a long time!

Sarah said...

All your pictures are very cute. Loved the costumes.

Janet said...

That's really funny that Mikayla and Tyler were the same thing, we must have good taste. :) So I hear that we are going to have a big Girls Night Out in December, are you going to go? That should be fun. Hope to see you then