Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I've Been Tagged


My friend, Sarah, tagged me so it's my turn to share some odd things about me, with you!
#1 - I can not make a decision to save my life, especially when it comes to buying things. I am known to take things back, often. I will buy something and think I love it and the next day my mind has changed. I am actually surprised that I ever made the decision to get married; that's how bad I am with making a choice about something.
#2 - I am OCD about my house being burned down. I have to check the stove, heater, curling irons, etc. every time before I leave the house even if I never even used the stove that morning. I will check, recheck and have been known to drive back to the house after leaving to triple check and make sure nothing was left on!
#3 - I have a major sweet tooth. I have to have some kind of sweet in the house, just something to satisfy my craving. Cookies, candies, cake, anything. I guess that is why I can never get rid of my last 5 pounds!
#4 - Call me an optimist but I always think I will win a contest if I enter. Although I never do, there is always that slim chance that I will win the prize. Because of this positive outlook I often enter contests in the hopes of winning!
#5 - I am secretly obsessed with celebrities and have to know what they are doing. It's like I think we are friends because I always like to know what they are up to, where they are shopping and where they are going on vacations, etc. I enjoy watching the Entertainment Tonight shows so I can have my celebrity fix. Shhh, don't tell!
#6 - I guess this goes along with my OCD, but I have to double check on the kids every night to make sure they are okay. Even hours after they have gone to bed, I have to go in to make sure everyone is tucked in safely.
#7 - I used to be terrified of roller coasters, but now I LOVE them! Growing up I absolutely refused to ride them because I always felt too afraid and scared as well that they would fall apart. Now I enjoy them and will scream the "entire" ride, my sister can attest to that. I am not too sold on the ones that go upside down but the others I am game for!
I am now tagging Becky U., Becky H., Layna, Tamra, Emily, Jo and Stacee

4 comments:

Ernest Istook said...

Amy, you are delightful. I love your insights into your personal idiosyncracies. They are part of what makes you so much fun!

Trying to be said...

Amy! You and I are so alike. I always check on my daughter after she goes to bed...and then recheck as well. Thanks for the insights. :)

mamagee said...

I love hearing the little things about each of you. It really does help people know each other better. And about the checking - you know the old saying "better safe than sorry"
Love, Favorite Aunt Linda

Diana said...

NEVER ride a roller coaster with Amy if you want to be able to hear for the rest of your life. I think I have permanent hearing loss from her!! :)