Monday, May 3, 2010

Check

I can check one more thing off my list of "Things I Have Never Done." Try sushi. Yes, that is correct. I did it, I tried sushi and can I just say it is not something I would ever purposely order from a menu, but it also wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.


Some friends of ours invited us to to dinner and the restaurant of choice was a Japanese Sushi Bar, Koi. So glad they introduced us to such unique food, in my opinion. And lucky for me, tucked in the very corner of the menu I saw they offered rice bowls. My dinner was delicious!

Thanks Russ and Dulcie for some Japanese culture. We had a great time.

5 comments:

Dulcie said...

We had a great time too! But lets be honest, we're really not that cultured. I say, lets make a reservation for Texas Roadhouse but wind up at an Indian restaurant next time. Russ and I have NEVER done Indian. Maybe after that we can go find some Thai food, and then maybe Jamaican... When we're done we'll be really cultured! What do you say? Hopefully most of these places will have delicious teriyaki rice bowls for all of us... and of course some kind of steak for your husband. :-)

mamagee said...

I'm with you - not my favorite, but glad you can say you at least tried it!
Love, Favorite Aunt Linda

Diana said...

I've still never tried it, and I'm not sure if I ever will. Proud of you for branching out....

Ernest Istook said...

Amy, it took me many years to try Chinese food and to try fish. Now I love Chinese and enjoy fish on occasion. The fish problem, as it turned out, is that my Mother would buy ultra-cheapie-priced fish sticks, and they were bad. (Decent fish sticks are just fine, though.) Now I've even eaten a carp eyeball, and your mother has, too. That was in China, so it combined the fish with the Chinese!
I suggest you make a list of what you will try next, and be sure to post about it!

Sarah said...

Yuck! LOL Glad you were brave and tried it. :)