Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day

I hope all of the wonderful ladies out there had a fabulous Mother's Day. Mine started out with Clint filling his quota on cooking once a year, breakfast on Mother's Day. It was yummy and even better that I didn't have to make it.


The kids all had handmade gifts for me, which they were all really proud of. Especially Blake. He made a sunhat complete with flowers, and he was just thrilled to hand it over to me. I had told Clint earlier that all I wanted for Mother's Day was for him to clean my van. It was in need of some desperate help. At times I feel I live in that van and it looked like it too. I think Clint told me he found 15 socks hidden around the seats. I told you it needed a good cleaning!

I am so lucky to be surrounded my a loving mother and wonderful mother-in-law. I love you both and am so grateful for the examples you are to me.

I love being a mother. I love the hugs and sweet kisses my kids give me. I love their excitement in life and their pure joy in the little things. I had to add the picture at the top. It is of Blake as a baby and it reminds me of the greatest things in life!

4 comments:

Diana said...

You should have taken before and after pictures of the van to show what a big gift Clint gave you!

I'm glad you got your wish.

You are a good mommy!

mamagee said...

I agree you are a great Mommy and deserve all the sweet kisses and hugs. Isn't it fun to find those socks - just an added bonus!!
Love, Favorite Aunt Linda

Ernest Istook said...

Did you find another 15 socks in the house, to match those from the van?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.