Sunday, July 4, 2010

Spur of the Moment

The other day Clint came to me and said, "We need to go camping. How about tomorrow." And just like that, we left on a spur of the moment camping trip. We kept it simple and really enjoyed our time in nature and without any distractions. The kids spent their time collecting firewood, searching for shells, swinging from a homemade swing, and making boats to float down the creek. The evening was spent reading by the fire.

We all crammed in our 3-4 man tent (we really need a bigger tent) and Tyler kept the night interesting by crawling around everywhere. He is one crazy sleeper!

I really had fun being with my little family and just enjoying each other.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Diana said...

I'm so glad you had a great time. I guess you don't have room for me to join you next time, do you?

Ernest Istook said...

Hooray for Clint! A spur-of-the-moment camping trip was a great idea, and the photos prove that it was a great time.

Mom said...

What a fun idea for family time! I've enjoyed the photos!

Jason and Layna said...

I am so impressed. The thought of camping totally scares me!

Sarah said...

Such cute pics! I love that you guys went spur of the moment! So fun. We need to go together before summer is over! So be looking for tents. I think ours only holds 4 too!

mamagee said...

Spur-of-the-moments are just the best. It looks like you had great fun and a wonderful family memory!!
Love, Favorite Aunt Linda

Junaiths said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.