Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Udy Christmas Party

This last weekend was our annual Udy Christmas Party, and unfortunately I have no pictures from the grand event. I guess we were either having too much fun or I was being lazy about the camera. Sorry.

We all met up Ogden Canyon and stayed in Clint's parents timeshares. The kids had so much fun running around with the cousins and I think the family staying below us was glad when we were leaving!

This year we took gifts to the St. Anne's Homeless Shelter and helped our five different families with Christmas gifts. It was really special for the kids to see those less fortunate than us and to be able to lend a hand where we could. We wrapped our gifts and delivered them to the shelter for the families. I think this will become a yearly tradition to help those in need. What a learning experience as well for the kids to have.

Santa came Saturday night (Uncle Mike) and was very loud and boisterous. I think some of the kids were scared to see and hear such a vocal Santa. Santa brought all the girls little puppies with dress-up clothes and the boy all got Nerf guns. I have never seen so many flying Nerf darts at once. You had to be careful or else you might get one planted right on your face! They loved it!

We all had a wonderful time and always enjoy spending time with the family. The girls always cry as we leave the cousins. Next year I will do better at taking pictures.

2 comments:

Diana said...

I'm glad that you had such a great time. Your kids are so sweet. It is cute when you can tell how sad they are to have to say goodbye to family members. It is very touching, and I am always just as sad when I have to say goodbye to you and to them after a visit. Love ya lots!

Tam said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I know how much K loves getting together with all of her cousins.

We are coming back to SLC in Feb. I am hoping to get to spend more time there this time. Cross our fingers... no flu!!