Thursday, July 30, 2009

An Amazing Experience

Being a seminary teacher does have some great perks, and this last week we were able to enjoy one of these perks. Clint and I spent 6 days traveling along the Mormon trail the early pioneers took on the way to the Great Salt Lake Valley. What an amazing experience!
We were taught by some incredible men who shared with us the trials and triumphs of those who came before us. This last week was very touching and inspirational to me and has left me with a greater understanding of our early ancestors.

Larry H. Miller, (Greg Miller now) donates the SUV's used for this trip and what a blessing that was as well. We traveled in some nice cars and his kindness was extremely generous.


These potties followed us everywhere we went and how grateful we all were for that. Have you ever heard of a port-a-potty with vinyl lettering on it's doors? It really made the potty experience a good one! Thank you potty crew!

We met some truly amazing friends. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much!

This was what our campsite looked like one night when we camped at Independence Rock.

Some reminders of those who came before us.
This was the grave of Rebecca Winters, an early pioneer. The pioneers would lay rocks over the graves so the wolves couldn't get to the bodies and destroy them.
Pulling a handcart at Martin's Cove through the Sweetwater.

Thank you Grandma Udy for watching all 4 kids! You truly were a blessing.

6 comments:

Tam said...

What an amazing experience. That is something I have always wanted to do.

Diana said...

I'm glad you had such a good time. Did the pioneers pull port-a-potties with them too?

THE UDYS said...

Sounds like a fun spiritual trip that you on, those are my favorite kind! I too love the port-a-pottie picture!

Ernest Istook said...

And is it true that you had mints on your pillow every night in your tent?

Sarah said...

You're experience sounds Amazing. I cant wait to see all the pictures. Thanks for sharing your stories. xoxo

Jason and Layna said...

I love the port a potty pictures!! It almost would make camping bearable. It looks like you guys had so much fun.