Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Fun Fourth

For the last 5 days I was able to spend some quality time with my parents and sister Diana, in Washington D.C. Tyler and I flew out to see the family and I enjoyed every minute of being with them.

Some highlights of the trip:

Watching chick flicks in matching pajamas

Makeovers at Sephora

A rooftop view of Washington D.C.'s fireworks



Visiting the National Cathedral


Trip to the National Zoo
(how cool is this close-up of a gorilla)


Being with Nana and Pops



Tyler and Thomas spending quality time together
Visiting Arlington National Cemetery
(my cousin's husband was killed in Iraq and is buried here)

The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier


Coming home to a clean house and a beautiful bouquet of flowers

Thank you Grandma Nana and Pops for having Tyler and I come for an absolutely wonderful time with you. I miss you already!

6 comments:

Alisa said...

I just hopped over from your sisters blog- after an evening of blog hopping. So fun to see your cute family!
Thinking of your family- send your parents my love.

Becky Darling said...

Did you go with just Tyler?? Looks like a fabulous trip!!!!

Diana said...

I miss you so much! Great pics, though. One clarification: makeover(s) plural? Who wimped out? Love ya, Di

Ernest Istook said...

It was terrific having you and Tyler here with Nana and Pops! (plus Diana and Thomas, of course)

Sarah said...

I gotta say...I am a little jealous! Looks like a great trip!

Sarah said...

Ah, so jealous of your trip. Sounded and looks like so much fun. You're Mom seems really sweet. Love all the matching pajamas. You look so much like her. Thanks again for Lincoln's surprise! You're so nice.