Sunday, March 30, 2008

Temple Square

Last Monday Clint and the kids all had off because of Spring Break, so we decided to go downtown and spend the afternoon. Before we headed out Clint made a scavenger hunt for the kids so they could be looking for certain things while we were walking downtown. Some things on the list included: Angel Moroni, Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, a Beehive, etc.. The kids loved looking around for the objects and would get so excited every time they could cross an item off of their list.


We visited the Conference Center, the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, as well as the Lion and Beehive House. It really was a beautiful afternoon and the kids loved walking around downtown. Tyler was very cooperative and slept most of the afternoon. It was nice to get out of the house and have time as a family.


Here is an awesome picture of the Temple.
Aren't my camera skills amazing!


The kids were excited to go an adventure, and
each of them insisted on packing a backpack to bring.


At the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.


Some of the beautiful flowers downtown.
On top of the Conference Center.

6 comments:

Trying to be said...

Those pictures at temple square are cute of your family! you did a great job on the photography! the flowers are beautiful!

Diana said...

Great pics. I wish I could have been there with you!

Tam said...

Okay now I am really homesick. I loved these kinds of afternoons. And the flowers were beautiful. We are starting to see bulbs here but I miss my tulips in my front yard.

I am going to be in SLC sooner then I thought. I am coming out around April 20 and will be there for about a week. I really hope we can get together. See you then

mamagee said...

Amy, what a fun adventure for your family. What a great idea for the "hunt". Looks like the kids all had a blast. And like you said it is great to be out and about!!
Love,
Favorite Aunt Linda

Susan said...

What a fun idea. I love scavenger hunts. Temple square is so beautiful right now.

Anonymous said...

I'm in charge of Activity Days in our ward and I'm wondering if you could post the list of scavenger items? We are taking the girls to Temple Square for a day and I thought this would be a great activity. I found your blog by google-ing temple square scavenger hunt.