Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'm In The 30 Club!

Friday was my 30th birthday, Yikes! This was not a birthday I have been looking forward to. 30 just seems old to me, and I do have an occasional backache which only solidifies my thinking!

Looking back on my 30 years of life so far, there are some things I have accomplished that I feel are worth mentioning.

1. Overcoming my fears of an audience and performing on stage in the Nutcracker. The last year I performed in the Nutcracker I danced entirely in point shoes. This was something I feared because I was not all that confident in my ability to do so, but I remember after I performed I truly felt it was the best I had ever danced. I was so proud of myself and relieved that I was able to dance a perfect dance.

It was here in my ballet classes that I feel I learned that I could do anything I set my mind to, and I also learned to have more confidence in myself.

2. Graduating from seminary. This was not an easy task, especially when it required waking up at 5:00 in the morning. 4 years of early morning seminary really can take a toll, and I know there were some days when my body was at seminary but my mind wasn't! But I did graduate and that I am proud of.

3. Getting married in the Temple. I found a truly amazing guy who has really brought the best out of me. Clint is a wonderful husband and such an awesome dad! He always finds time to play with the kids and to make them feel special.

4. Graduating from college. Getting a college education was never a question. I always knew that I would finish college and earn a degree and for that I have my parents to thank. My parents never asked us "if we would be going to college" but it was always "where are you going to go for college?" Education has always been important in my family and I am grateful for that.

5. Giving birth to 4 amazing kids! That sounds like so many, 4 kids! My children are the world to me and each of them have incredible personalities and are unique in their own ways. They make me feel wonderful and important. I am so grateful for them and for the opportunity I have to be their mom.

7 comments:

Diana said...

Happy 30! I'm proud of you and the person you are. You forgot one accomplishment: being a wonderful older sister!

Jason and Layna said...

Happy Birthday Amy! I kind of had a little break down when I turned 30. It just seems so old. I hope you had a great day. Lets get together soon. Email me and we will plan something.
jasonhfuller22@yahoo.com

Becky Darling said...

I have always thought of you as like 22....You are awesome!!!!

THE UDYS said...

I hope you had a happy birthday Amy! Welcome to the thirty club! It's not so bad just stay young at heart and every once in a while get out and do something adventurous!

Trying to be said...

Happy belated birthday! its amazing how time does fly, and when you do look back its even more amazing to see what has been acomplished!!

Hermana Macy Udy said...

mom you are truly awesome.macy

Ernest Istook said...

Wow! How special and poignant each of these thoughts are. Amy, you never fail to impress me!