Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A sad, sad day :(

This afternoon I received a phone call from Tyler's pediatrician. She was calling to let me know what our next steps would be on solving this allergic issue with Tyler. At his four month visit we will be doing some blood work to figure out what he is so severely allergic to. In the mean time I am to not eat any kind of dairy, peanut butter, shellfish, etc. WHAT???!!!! Not eat any dairy! That includes milk, cheese, and most importantly CHOCOLATE. How can anyone not eat chocolate. I told her I would do my best to avoid dairy, but I already know this is going to be very, very, very difficult for me. But if it is what I have to do to keep Tyler healthy, than I will. She said the more he is exposed to milk products than the worse his allergy can become.

Does anyone have any good recipes that do not include dairy products? I would love to hear them.

6 comments:

Trying to be said...

wow! i am the same way. i LOVE chocolate!!! its way hard for me to not eat it. :) let me do some asking about non dairy recipes...:)

THE UDYS said...

Wow I am so sad to hear about the non-dairy, non-chocolate diet!! That is going to take some real dedication which I know you can do! You'll have to look on-line for some recipe ideas. Good luck and hopefully little Tyler will truly appreciate this sacrifice some day!!

Konomis said...

Amy, one of the moms in my SAHM group had the same problem with her daughter, and she had to go without dairy products for a LONG time. I'm sure I can find out some great ideas for recipes and such. I'll let you know...

mamagee said...

Amy, what a good little Mom you are to sacrifice so much for Tyler. I am grateful that they are working hard to make sure he stays healthy. That is the best news of all. How is the move coming along? Will you be moving soon? Anxious to hear about all that. Your Mom is so excited for her new home - she will be able to have room for all of your wonderful family. Our prayers are with your for Tyler's good health.
Love - Favorite Aunt Linda

Jason and Layna said...

Can you drink soy milk? I hear it is definitely an acquired taste. They do have chocolate, I know that. My sister's kids don't eat any dairy so I will have to ask her what they eat. Stacee wanted your email address so I gave it to her. I hope that is ok.

Diana said...

Ames, I feel so bad for you! And how in the world will you avoid shellfish?